Well worth a read – and I ask a few questions in the Comments section at its end, which I repeat and expand on here:
- how widespread is rigorous data analysis in our profession?
- can we ever advise clients or colleagues without data to underpin that advice?
- how many of us actually do this?
- do we factor in the resources (analysts, PR professional and budgets) to make this real and meaningful?
- how do we convince management that what they thought they wanted to hear might not be what people are actually saying?
Food for thought. And thank you Stephen.